Monday, April 18, 2011

Relief

So, that thing that felt like a permanent lump in my throat? The one that (as an ex-smoker in her late fifties) I was starting to get vair vair jumpy about?

It's not a lump of any kind. It's just a non-serious and easily treatable condition.

Not only that, but I rang the practice last Thursday and they gave me an appointment for today. Even more astoundingly, I found a good park straight away in a part of town not known for ease of parking. The ENT dude was only running ten minutes late, the examination was about a quarter as unpleasant as I had been expecting it to be, the diagnosis was straightforward, and the clever young doctor was a sweetie.

And it isn't even raining. Some days just work out nicely.

7 comments:

tc said...

thumbs up for lumps of nothing serious

Casey said...

I'm glad you are okay.

Deborah said...

I think that's worth a celebratory glass of a nice still white. Very glad that all that had to be overcome was a spot of seeking-medical-attention-reluctance.

Elephant's Child said...

Much relief. And how amazing that the whole day came together like that.

Mindy said...

Good to hear.

tigtog said...

Hooray for non-problem lumps. I found one in my mouth a while ago and it's such a relief when you're told it's nothing to worry about.

emily said...

how to explain the terror of that time between discovery and relief when we fear the worst.
Enjoy your Easter break.